My Countdown to a Horror Holiday
Can you feel it? That special feeling in the air that comes but only this time of year? What is it, you ask? Kindness? Brotherhood? That profound and warm benevolence we receive during the Holidays? No. I’m talking about that itch to really get someone good with a fright-filled practical joke! Yesterday we looked at some really fun ones. Today we conclude with the next five of the 10 Spooky Holiday Pranks.
6. The Christmas Present Scare Prank is a variation on the old girl in the cake routine. Only with a giant cake you expect a girl to pop out. With a giant Christmas present, you expect maybe a TV or an awesome stereo unit. What you don’t expect is your husband’s friend to jump out and scare the crap out of you.
7. Finger in the Box. This is a chestnut of present pranks. I found a really good instructional website that shows how to make this simple yet effective prank. The key is you have to hold the box while your ‘victim’ opens it, sees the severed and gory appendage, and the Christmas horror hilarity ensues.
8. Rattlesnake Eggs. This one was first shown to me by my Grandfather when I was ten, so you have an idea how long it’s been around. Even still, it’s a favorite for young and old alike. You give someone a pouch with the words “Rattlesnake Eggs’ emblazoned on the sides. What they don’t know is there’s a washer wound up on a rubber band inside, and when the pouch is opened ever so slightly, it vibrates and makes a rattling sound sure to unnerve even the smoothest of characters. Usually the pouch is dropped to the floor and screams issue forth.
9. Scaring Santa. I listed the scary snowman yesterday, but it’s so funny it’s worth another look. This episode is from a different season of the popular running gag, and the scary snowman hilariously startles the crap out of Santa. It’s a definite LOL!
10. World’s Largest Gummy Worm. Okay, this isn’t exactly a prank per se, but it sure is creepy. It’s an amazing 24 inches long and weighs about 3 lbs, and when you’re eating it, it looks like it’s eating you!